History of the City
Campbellsburg is a 5th-class city in Henry County, Kentucky, in the United States. The population was 807 at the 2010 census. It is home to Post 5 of the Kentucky State Police.
The city was incorporated by the state legislature in 1840 as Chiltonsville (in honor of its trustee Charles J. Chilton) but the name was changed within three weeks to Campbellsburg for another local family. Later the same year, the local post office at Benevola was renamed to Campbellsburg as well. The arrival of the Louisville, Cincinnati, & Lexington railroad in 1869 led to a division of the town into Old and New Campbellsburg. The later was separately incorporated in 1876 but eventually expanded until the two polities merged into the present town.
Campbellsburg's central business district was rebuilt after much of it was destroyed by a tornado on April 1, 1974.